|19016 86 Avenue||Phone (780) 487-5300|
|Edmonton, Alberta, Canada||Cellular(780) 893-5300|
|T5T 4Y1||Email Paul@selectsystems.ca|
- An accomplished information technology professional with excellence in software development leadership and execution, including the use of; Cloud Computing and Cloud Services, Service Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Architecture and Information Architecture.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft technologies including; Windows Azure, Windows 8, WinJS, .Net, Visual Studio.Net, C#, Visual Basic.Net, LINQ, ASP.Net, AJAX, ADO.Net Entity Framework, COM+, MTS, Web Services, Silverlight, LightSwitch, Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Workflow Foundation, XAML, XML, Sharepoint Services and MOSS, and Azure
- Proven database expertise in; T-SQL, SQL Server, SQL Azure, MSDE, SQL Server Express, SQL Compact Edition, DTS, Integration Services, Reporting Services, Stored Procedures and Functions, MS Access, DB2, ADO, ADO.Net ODBC, DAO.
- Possess expertise in Object Oriented Analysis and Design as demonstrated in the use of UML, Client Server, COM, COM+, MTS, Web Services, Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Workflow Foundation.
- Deep understanding of technology with a focus on delivering solutions that provide business value.
Senior Consultant & Cloud Practice Lead
(March 2011 – Present)
Quercus Solutions Inc. – www.quercussoluti0ns.com
- Providing cloud computing practice stewardship in IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and various other cloud services.
- Served as in a technical quality assurance role providing enterprise architectural guidance and consulting for Alberta Advanced Education.
- Providing solution architecture and software development services for the creation of a regulatory and disciplines solution for an organization regulated under the Alberta Health Act.
- Performing senior software consulting tasks, mentoring and coaching program team members in areas of development, testing and quality assurance, and business analysis.
- Highlight enterprise customer engagements while at Quercus:
Architect/ Senior Analyst (2012) Alberta Safety Codes Council
Providing solution architecture and software development guidance, including development of a technology roadmap for legacy cloud based solutions.
Senior Developer / Consultant (2011) Finning Canada
Technical Assurance Coordinator (2011) Alberta Advanced Education
Performed architectural guidance and mentoring with the Advanced Education ATOMS project management team. I also liaised with various ministry business groups, including AIT architecture and management teams. This include participation in various meetings, work groups, and planning sessions.
Senior .Net Developer
(March 2010 – March 2011)
Emerson Process Management. – www.emerson.com
- Perform architectural guidance in the creation of a software product, QC3 – a quality control and assurance solution used for construction projects. The solution is a .Net WPF and Silverlight solution using SQL server database technologies that replicates data to handheld mobile devices.
- Manage and coordinate resource requirements for information gathering, development, and testing activities.
- Mitigate the use of off-site development resources that reside in both India and South America.
- Business plan and budget development for dedicated business unit activities.
Team Lead – Business Information Services
(October 2006 –April 2009)
Flint Energy Services Ltd – www.flint-energy.com
- Provide guidance and leadership to team members through mentoring and task management.
- Perform architectural analysis, design, development and implementation of .NET based solutions using proven systems development life cycle best practices.
- Implemented COBIT based standards, including software development best practices such as change management, object oriented development methodologies, and testing.
- Highlight includes the architecture, development, and implementation of a distributed web based system used as an internal portal to custom built solutions. The .Net, SQL and XML based solution uses a service oriented architecture which allows for easy integration by both internal and external stakeholders.
- Creation of a web-based management dashboard; displaying measured metrics for project statuses.
- Designed and implemented a web-based financial reporting solution which requires integration with a JD Edwards financial system.
(October 2004 – October 2005)
Accolade Information Systems – www.accoladeinfo.com
- Provided guidance and leadership to team members through mentoring and task management.
- Performed architectural analysis, design, development and implementation of .NET based solutions using proven systems development life cycle best practices.
- Implemented Object Oriented approach to internal development methodologies.
- Designed, and assisted in the development of, a distributed software system used to manage commodity accounting, as well as to assure farm food safety protocols. The .Net, SQL and XML solution uses a service oriented architecture which allows for easy integration by both internal and external stakeholders.
- Converted Access/VB6 based fuel management system to .NET Windows application.
- Developed and implemented a server based fax service that integrated with a legacy DB2 system.
- Engineered an enterprise windows solution, which include web based components, for supply chain management processes used by a provincially regulated agricultural body.
Implementation Specialist/Project Manager
(March 2003 – October 2004)
Upside Software Inc – www.upsidesoftware.com
- Implemented the Upside’s ContractBuddy (www.contractbuddy.com) contract management solution within a hosted application service provider environment. This includes the design and development of automated integration with the online customer registration processes.
- Managed multiple large implementation projects for North American and European customers including; Sony Ericsson, Teleglobe, ServerWare, And Commercial Capital Bank.
- Facilitated GAP analysis meetings and needs assessments sessions.
- Business process analysis and design.
- Developed documentation such as statements of work, implementation plans, status reports, and requirements documents.
- Performed SQL Server database administration and programming.
- Physically implemented enterprise solutions; including the deployment and configuration of distributed enterprise software solutions.
(January 2002 – March 2003)
Finning Canada – www.finning.ca
- Participated as a key team player and expert resource for system analysis and design activities.
- Conducted needs analysis by facilitating meetings and JAD sessions.
- Developed user specifications, requirement documents and process models using UML analysis and design principles.
- Performed analysis, design, testing and implementation of a distributed integration solution using BizTalk Server, IIS, and SQL Server 2000.
- Developed a solution architecture that leverages Internet technologies to aid in the delivery of a proof of concept business model, automating new business processes needed for the management of bulk product point of sale transactions at remote branches.
- Conducted the conceptual, logical and physical design of a solution that required the migration of a localized sales quoting tool to an enterprise wide sales quoting and forecasting database system.
- Implemented a database driven web site using ASP and SQL Server, which provided customers an easy to use interface for browsing a catalog of rental inventory.
- Provided liaison responsibilities between Finning business units and both internal and external technical resources. This included front-line support for many customer centric systems, most of which are Internet based.
(September 1999 – January 2002)
Finning Canada – www.finning.ca
- Provided liaison responsibilities between internal Finning business units and the I.T. department for legacy ERP systems.
- Documented the sales order process for the sales administration business unit. The process was modeled using the Ben Graham methodology. Findings and business process improvement recommendations were presented to management.
- Gathered requirements and then developed the design of an employee self-service extranet application for viewing and administering benefit information.
- Designed the architecture to provide an automated process for the Sales Administration business unit to use to maintain customer data by using a custom interface to legacy AS400 DB2 applications.
- Developed and Intranet solution that provided greater control of the management of account payables for a specific supplier. This enabled Finning to potentially save millions of dollars by having the ability to better manage the hedging of dollars against large future payables.
- Conducted analysis and then designed and implemented several reports that extract data from a large DB2 based AS400 ERP system.
(June 1997 – September 1999)
Workers Compensation Board of Alberta – www.wcb.ab.ca
- Participated in the identification and integration of business systems for year 2000 compliance issues. This included the development of a Project Terms of Reference.
- Designed and built several custom applications, including a system to assist call center representatives with information gathering.
- Developed several management reports which required the use of legacy system report writers, as well as custom data extract processes.
- Supported internal business units by providing business systems analysis and change control.
(January 1996 – March 2010)
Select Systems Solutions Inc. – www.selectsystems.ca
- Senior software consultant role with a large energy services company. My responsibilities included the recommendation, design and development of internal infrastructure solutions, using service oriented architecture techniques.
- Consulted as a senior .Net Programmer Analyst with the Government of Alberta. The scope my responsibilities included the analysis, design, and implementation of an enterprise-class .Net based school funding solution
- Provided software development and maintenance services for an electrical services company, supporting a MS Access based quoting and invoicing system.
- Participated in a feasibility study for a proof of concept business process for an oil well service company. The study identified a requirement for a solution that would use a handheld device for the remote administration of service tickets. A proposal was developed and submitted to the client
- Developed a utility that created a standalone application from a networked database application. This fulfilled the client requirement to make the application available to employees who are disconnected from the corporate network.
- Provided consultant services to an imaging company specializing in toner cartridge recycling which included the design and development of their corporate Web site.
- Created a church management system that provided automated membership administration processes and donation order entry, receipt and reporting functionality.
|Programming||.NET, Entity Framework, LLBLGen, LightSwitch, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, UML, Client Server, COM, COM+, MTS, Web Services, Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Workflow Foundation|
|Certifications||Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) – 2002
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) – 2002
Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) – 2001
|Databases||SQL, SQL Azure, T-SQL, DTS, SQL Server 7/2000/2005, MySQL, Stored Procedures, MSDE, MS Access , DB2, ADO.NET, ADO, ODBC, DAO|
|Operating Systems||Windows Azure, Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7, Windows Server, Linux, OS/2, OS400, MVS/TSO, VM/CMS including Profs, DOS|
|Applications||SharePoint, BizTalk Server, MS Office, Visual Studio.Net, Visual Studio 6.0, Visio, MS Project, Crystal Reports, MapPoint, Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop|
- Sharepoint (SPS and MOSS 2007) Developer
Network Learning Masters
- Developing and Deploying Microsoft BizTalk Server Solutions
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
- UML, ASP.NET Levels I and II, VB.Net
- Business Process Modeling, Project Management for Information Systems, Data Modeling
- MS Project , MS Visio, Crystal Reports
Grande Centre High School
- Diploma – 1986
Interests and Activities
- Many forms of athletics including hockey, football, softball and soccer.
- Computing and keeping on top of current and future technologies and trends.
- Outdoor activities such as fishing and camping.